GIVE OUR KIDS A VOICE
Rob Simpson, Musician
Nikki Moscony, Student
Scott McClatchy, Musician
Kevin McCloskey, Commissioner
Tom Kelly, Chairman
Kelly Center – Music, Arts and Community
Help Support the New Kelly Center!
Over the next year, a brand-new community space is coming to Havertown. It will be a place for children and teens to learn and grow… a venue for adults and seniors to gather and enjoy the arts… a place that will become a destination for families from our community and beyond.
Join us as we build the new Kelly Center – coming to the Oakmont neighborhood in early 2019. We can’t do it without your help!
What is The Kelly Center?
The Kelly Center will be a permanent gathering space where adults, teens, and families alike can enjoy the arts in a safe and comfortable setting.
Currently, the vast majority of performance spaces in Havertown are bars. This means that families, teens, and children don’t have a community performance space that meets their needs.
The Kelly Center will be an indoor public gathering space where youth and families can participate in the arts in a drug and alcohol-free environment. At the Center, we will encourage young student artists to develop their skills and participate in performance opportunities… and seniors, adults, and families to enjoy the arts together.
Located at 4 East Eagle Road in the Oakmont section of Havertown, The Kelly Center will offer the following programs for our community:
- After School Music Programs: afternoon events and performances giving students the opportunity to learn and perform across musical genres
- Preschool Music Programs: daytime performances designed for parents with young children
- Senior Programs: performances, sing-a-longs, musical exercise programs and more for senior citizens
- Professional Concerts: evening shows with professional artists in cabaret and concert settings for adults
- Musical Education: instrumental, voice, and presentation lessons offered by professional artists
- Spoken Word and Theatre Programs: poetry, storytelling, comedy and one-act plays
- Ensemble and Choral Programs: performance opportunities for local schools, churches, and organizations
- Dance Programs: traditional, swing, jazz and more
- Art Exhibition Space: for local artists and school art programs
The Kelly Center will become a premier gathering space for the residents of Havertown and a destination for those in the surrounding communities.
Work has already started!
Work on The Kelly Center has already begun. The organization has purchased the former retail location at 4-6 East Eagle Road and started demolition work to allow the construction of our new performance space.
Our next steps are to complete the architectural drawings for the space and to begin construction on the facility. The facility will include a main performance stage, smaller gathering spaces, a coffee and juice bar and more. Our goal is to begin construction in the winter of 2017 and have the Center ready to open in September of 2018.
But we can’t get there without your help…
In order to open the Kelly Center, we need your help, and the help of our entire community. For this reason, we have launched a campaign to raise $500,000 to build the Kelly Center and provide the funding it needs to begin offering arts programming for our community.
Will you help us by making a generous donation today?
If you have any questions about becoming a sponsor, please call Cindi Rooney at 610-996-0841 or e-mail her at [email protected].
To send a donation by check, make your check payable to “Kelly Music for Life” and write “Kelly Center” in the memo line. Checks may be mailed to Kelly Music for Life, Inc., 139 E. Hathaway Lane, Havertown, PA 19083.
The official registration and financial information of Kelly Music for Life may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.